Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Praying the scriptures

This morning we took time to try the ancient prayer practice of lectio divinia. It's made a bit of a revival in recent times, but is still relatively unknown in Protestant circles as a regular spiritual practice.

Last year we did a passage that I had a very difficult time with. I had some serious issues with it and ended up spending a couple of hours talking to my friend about it. The passage we used today was 1 Kings 17:7-16, which I had a much easier time with, particularly as I have some anxiety about my future right now.

It is an interesting way to pray and I would definitely recommend it as a something to try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: BritishAikido, Breakthroughs, emplo, Problems, villaraigosa, cinema, proofreader and more...